Own your Wellbeing
This 2 day onsite programme guides educators through an integrated understanding of what it takes to ‘be well’ and how they can become experts of their own well-being.
It’s all about you
A new year, a new term, a new curriculum… it has to start with owning and managing your wellbeing if you’re to take on all the new-ness and thrive! This is a gentle, supportive and highly-personalised 2 day onsite programme of activities designed to help educators properly unpack and recharge – in every sense. Our brilliant crew act as your guides on this journey, and nature does the rest. (Sometimes a quiet woodland walk or sitting watching the tide come in can be enough.)
Curated by our Wellbeing Champions
Our Wellbeing champions Shaun and Jo have decades of experience between them. Their particular practice is focused on somatics, a practice dedicated to working on both the body and the mind, helping you to understand the importance – and interconnectedness – of both if you are to be truly well. They will guide you through an understanding of this approach, and share a range of practices over the two days tailored to your particular needs. You can choose to do as little or as much of this as you wish.
For Educators at all levels
If you are a school leader concerned about high levels of stress and burnout in your team, or a teacher feeling the burn, this programme may be the one for you. Get in touch, we’d be happy to design a programme that reflects the particular needs you or your team has.
Nurtured by nature
Cynefin (Welsh word for ‘sense of place’) runs through everything we do. And our place becomes your place for these two days. Given the importance that nature plays in human wellbeing, we connect you to nature and local landscapes through the eyes of local foragers and story-tellers, and through simple sensory mapping exercises that will bring heart rates and anxiety levels down.
Aligned to Curriculum for Wales
(For Wales based educators) This learning journey is aligned with the 4 Purposes; the 6 AoLE’s and the Integral Skills. It also draws inspiration from the Global Goals.
- A 1 day workshop at Cymbrogi HQ, stand alone or part of a series of consecutive workshops taking learners on a ‘Changemaker’ journey.
- An enquiry-driven, interdisciplinary and nature-orientated pedagogy, aligned with the Curriculum for Wales and Global Goals.
- Develops knowledge, skills and mindsets to help learners practise and grow the innate Changemaker within…
- Pre-visit planning with Cymbrogi Crew to prepare for/design the visit
- Exclusive use of our inspirational site in Lawrenny, Pembrokeshire
- A 1 day immersive workshop with Cymbrogi Core Crew
- Kit List and Pre-visit tasks
- (Optional) follow up zoom class check-in to hear progress on Changemaker pledges
Budget: 1 day workshop: £765 per class for up to 30 students + accompanying teachers (or £20/head).** Inclusive of resources, pre and post-visit online support and reflection activities. Ask us about options for a 2 day residential (camping on site or youth hostel accommodation in the village).
**Discounts available for advance or multiple bookings, plus £100 vouchers for bus transport.